Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pintrest Lied to Me

Maybe some of you have seen the popular brownie pin?

Brownie, caramel, and pretzels

It makes it look soooo easy. Well... it isn't. I'm sure I messed up somewhere.. I may even know where. sadly it doesn't even taste good. Which definitely means it qualifies as a baking failure! *trumpets*
Step One: Glace at the picture provided on Pintrest. Decide it looks so easy even you could do it. Get ingredients needed out and display on counter. 

 Continue to assume that this will be easy and soon you will have delicious pretzel caramel brownies!

Step Two: Read the instructions and start the brownie mix part:

(since I live in Colorado it is wise to follow the "high altitude" instructions. which call for an additional 1/2 cup flour and 1/3 cup of water instead of 1/4)



Step Three: Pour the batter in the greased pan, add the pretzels (this took forever) and then the caramel. - This has to be where I screwed up. I think the pretzels were supposed to go first. and I may have used too much caramel? not sure...


Step Four: Set the oven at 350 and place the brownies in for 25 - 36 min (we ended up doing 36 minutes - not that it helped)

Step Five: Take them out of the oven, assuming they are supposed to look like that. But they're not. 



Step Six: Scoop some out and hope that it tastes good... but it doesn't. The pretzel are mushy and the brownie is just gross. Where did the caramel go? 

Step Seven: Vow to never ruin perfectly good brownie mix again, or to trust pintrest. Evil evil pintrest.


So there you have it, I fail again. Don't worry we didn't need those extra calories anyway. I'll be frying up some chicken tonight cross your fingers for me. ^^ One of these days I'll be able to post about a "baking success"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment